B.A. in Dance, Marlboro College, Marlboro VT. 2006.
SUNY Purchase Conservatory of Dance, Purchase, NY. 2001.
- Summer 2017: Movement Director for The Real AD Show. Choreographed musical dance numbers for cast of 12 at NYU's Abu Dhabi campus.
- January 2017: Witness Relocation, NYC. Restaged performance of The Loon, as part of Exponential Festival. Presented at JACK (Brooklyn).
- October 2016: Witness Relocation, NYC. Creation and performance of The Loon, an original evening length dance-theatre work featuring Robert M. Johanson. Directed by Dan Safer. Presented by Abrons Arts Center.
- 2013 - present: The Dance Cartel, NYC. Collaboration & performance of original show, "On The Floor" and upcoming "Wet Clutch," NYC. Ani Taj, choreographer & director. National touring, special events, and video projects.
- February 2015: Choreography workshop for new musical "Dear Evan Hansen." Michael Greif, director. Danny Mefford, choreographer.
- Summer 2015: The Tempest, Delacorte Theater, NYC. The Public Theater, Shakespeare in the Park. Role: Islander/Spirit. Michael Greif, director, Dennis Jones, choreographer.
- November 2014 & February 2015: Workshop & performance of "Better for Night" (working title). Teddy Bergman, director (Woodshed Collective). Ani Taj, choreographer (The Dance Cartel). Randy Weiner, producer (Sleep No More). Character & choreography development for two workshop & performance sessions.
- November 2014: Heartbeat. Christopher Janney & Sara Rudner, Gramercy Theater, NYC. Performed Janny/Rudner's 1982 improvisational work, alongside musicians Sheila E, Trilok Gurtu, Dave Revels, Lynn Mabry.
- Summer 2013, 2014, 2015: 'Women’s Works' annual showcase of female choreographers and performers. Rockport Opera House, Rockport, ME. Presented original choreography.
- Spring 2013: Guest artist, Robinson Ballet, Bangor, ME. Performed the role of Maria in "West Side Story."
- 2009 - 2011: Studio Assistant, PhenomenArts, Lexington, MA. Studio dancer for sound artist Christopher Janney. Assisted with interactive technology called "Sonic Shadow."
- 2009 - 2010: Dancer, Lorraine Chapman The Company (LCTC), Boston, MA. Collaboration and performance of Boston & NYC premieres of "Displaced Persons," an evening-length dance theatre work.
- 2008: Dancer, Sara Rudner & Friends, Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, MA. Performed Rudner's dance marathon "Dancing on View" as part of the Summer Stages Dance Festival.
- August 2016: Dancer, music video for "Fat Robot" by Sxip Shirey. (Release date January 2017.) Choreographed by Dan Safer. Produced by Witness Relocation.
- April 2016: Dancer, music video for "Capsize" by Frendship featuring Emily Warren. Choreographed by Viva Soudan. Directed/Produced by Alyssa Traitz.
- August 2015: Performance on the Late Late Show with James Corden, Reggie Watts, and The Dance Cartel.
- February 2014: Dancer, music video for "Down on my Luck" by Vic Mensa. Directed by Benjamin Dickinson. Choreographed by Ani Taj. Ghost Robot Productions, Brooklyn, NY.
- November 2013: Performance on the Conan O'Brien show with Reggie Watts and The Dance Cartel.
- 2007: Dancer, "BOOTAY" music video by Spankrock & Benny Blanco, featuring Santigold and Diplo. Styling & choreography by Leah Mulartrick.
- Fall 2015 & Spring 2017: Advanced Movement Instructor, Playwrights Horizons Theater School at NYU. Twice weekly class designed to give actors technical tools for movement improvisation and building choreography.
- September 2015 - present: Teaching Artist, Abrons Arts Center, NYC. Design and teach weekly collaborative composition classes, plus teaching residencies in NYC public schools.
- Summer 2013 - present: Guest Instructor, Belfast Dance Studio, Belfast, ME. Ballet and Modern technique classes for annual summer intensive.
- Fall 2013: Guest artist, Marlboro College, Marlboro, VT. Taught master classes and showed recent work-in-progress.
- 2013: Yoga Instructor, Ironwood Maine. Morrill, ME. Taught weekly yoga classes for troubled teens a boarding school in rural Maine. Emphasis on building self confidence, mindfulness, and self respect.
- November 2015: "The Sky is Blue with Lies," an experimental film written and directed by John Reed. 1980s documentary-style interpretation of Phaedra. Role: Chorus.
Related Skills and Training
- Gaga week-long intensive courses (Gaga movement language & Batsheva repertory), NYC. Summer & Winter 2012, Summer 2013.
- Maine Island Dance Festival (Countertechnique & collaborative performance), Chebeague Islane, ME. Summer 2013.
- Level 1 & 2 Thai massage training, Sunshine School of Massage, Chiang Mai, Thailand. January 2012.
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, South Boston Yoga, Boston, MA. 2010.
References available upon request.